This superb 81.4 meter expedition style motor yacht has been designed to cruise any and all oceans in the world. Of the many highlights PJ WORLD has, her ice class hull, huge operating equipment, helicopter garage, four large tenders, and ten meter swimming pool definitely stand out. PJ WORLD is indeed a ship that has the strength and capacity to cruise from the Antarctic ocean to the Galapagos islands in complete safety and security. With guest accommodations for 16 and crew accommodations for 26, PJ WORLD is truly a go anywhere ship that can be delivered in 18 months to her owner.
The operating profile of the PJ World allows continued year round operation in the following areas:
- Middle East
- Far East
- Worldwide ocean voyages
A focus on environment-friendly solutions to reduce emissions to both air and sea has been achieved. By optimising the vessel’s design to its operational profile, emissions will be reduced to a minimum.
Concept Design: Palmer Johnson and Rolls-Royce Marine
Naval architecture and engineering: Rolls-Royce Marine
Exterior Styling: Nuvolari-Lenard
Interior Styling: Nuvolari-Lenard
Shipyard: Palmer Johnson Norway A/S
PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS AND EQUIPMENT
LOA 267’ 81.4 m
BEAM 48’ 14.6 m
DRAFT approx 13’ 4.0 m
DEADWEIGHT 600 tonnes
FUEL OIL 260,000 Lts
FRESH WATER 80,000 Lts
BALLAST WATER 400,000 Lts WASTE FLUIDS HOLDING 85,000 Lts
GROSS TONNAGE 2800 grt
- DNV* 1A1, E0,LC Yacht R0 Clean Comfort-V(1) HELDK- SHF
- MCA, Marine and Coastguard Administration, per Isle of Man Ship Registry. MCA Large Commercial Yacht Code (LY2)
- Dynamic Positioning system to DP1. (DYNPOS-AUT)
- Hull Class: ICE - 1B
- Steel plate and extrusions. Welded construction. Scantlings and plate suitable to Ice Class 1B Classification requirements.
- Superstructure and upper areas faired to superyacht standards
- Hull unfaired
Speed and Range
- Range: 10 Knots 10,500 NM
12 Knots 10,000 NM
14 Knots 8,400 NM
16 Knots 6,500 NM
- Fuel Consumption: 10Knots 24.8 L/NM
12Knots 25.8 L/NM
14Knots 30.7 L/NM
16Knots 39.8 L/NM
- Max recommended Speed: 16.5Knots
Passenger and Crew Numbers
Total number of Passengers: 12
Total number of Crew: 27
MAIN AND TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
Diesel Electric Propulsion
- Main Engine, medium speed 4-Stroke: Rolls Royce Bergen C25 type 2000kW @ 1000rpm, 6cylinder
- Main Ship’s Generator: 1920ekW, 400V 50Hz output @ 1000rpm. Vacuum impregnated windings and fresh water-cooled for superior performance. Ratings are according to ISO 3046/1.
- Engine and Generator elastically mounted on foundation raft.
- Marine Diesel engines comply with MARPOL 73/78 Annex VI – Control of Emission of Nitrogen Oxides from Marine Diesel Engines.
- Rolls Royce Ulstein Aquamaster AZP 85 FP Azipull type azimuthing thruster.
- Propellers NiBrAl, 5 blade, Class S balanced fixed pitch designed for low pressure pulses, max 1.5kPa: 2.1m diameter. [pending]
- Rolls Royce Main Propulsion switchboard, 400V.
- Two (2) main propulsion cabinets for variable speed operation
- Two (2) freshwater cooled electric motors: 1600kW @ 1800rpm for the AZP units.
- Rolls Royce Stabilizer system, fin system incorporating at - rest assistance.
- Rolls Royce Ulstein Aquamaster TT1650 FP Single Bow thrusters, tunnel type. Freshwater Cooled with Frequency
- Individual Box Cooler for each Engine / Generator combination.
- Integral tanks – fuel, potable water, holding, new lube oil, used lube oil
- Fuel fill and transfer manifold system.
- Fuel Oil/water separator with emulsified fluid filter
- Fuel transfer and polishing system for extended bunkering operation.
- Fuel filters with gauge, water sensor, priming pump
- Lube oil separator
- New lube oil tank, waste lube oil tank
- Lube oil pumps, one for new oil, one for used
- Automatic oily bilge water separator
- Underwater Main engine exhaust system. By Mecmar
- Auxiliary Generator exhaust system by Mecmar
- Integrated hydraulic system
- Converter drive, for superior low noise performance.
- Bow thruster grill/guards with sacrificial zinc’s
- Bilge and fire system manifold. Primary and reserve systems.
- Two (2) fresh water pressure sets
- Two (2x25T/day) watermakers, with ultraviolet sterilizer
- Two (2) water heaters, electric elements
- Twin Ring type hot water system w/circulation pump
- Water filter, with sediment, taste/odor cartridges
- Two (1) dockside fresh water connection with pressure reducing valves
- Jets vacuum flush Toilet system
- Marine Sanitation treatment plant
- Two (2) Ships air compressors, reservoir with 2/3 redundancy.
- Compressed air fitting in the engine room, garages, foredeck, and boat storage decks.
- Engine room fire system, Autronica water mist type
- Autronica Flexi FOG system for accomodation
- Fire dampers on engine room intake exhaust vents
- Engine room ventilation system.
- Duplex type Centralized Air-Conditioning System. With Humidity control, Fresh Air Make-up and UV sterilizers.
- Autronica Foam system for the garage decks,toy store,heli-hangar,fuel room,heli-deck
Outside temp. 40°C-45°C
Relative humidity 85%-60%
Sea water 33°C
Inside temp. 21°C
Relative humidity 50%
Outside temp. -25°C
Relative humidity 20%
Sea water 0°C
Inside temp. 23°C
Relative humidity 30%
Noise and Vibration Levels (vessel speed of 15 Knots)
DNV Comfort Class Rating
Outside pool area
- Rolls Royce Main switchboard, Power Management System, seamless transfer, circuit breakers, metering, ground fault indication
- 50Hz system with three phase and single phase voltages
- Emergency switchboard for emergency generator
- Two CAT (2) 452kW Auxiliary Generators with instrument panels.
- CAT Emergency Generator @ 92kW.
- Electrical distribution panels, GFCI (RCD) protection at outlets.
- Air starting system for each of the main engines and generators.
- Two (2) 24V service battery banks.
- One(1) Main UPS (un-interruptible power supply 230V, 3phase)
- One (1) 24V emergency battery bank.
- One (1) 24V emergency communications (GMDSS) battery bank.
- Constant voltage battery chargers
- Coded wiring system
- Programmable lighting control system for owner and guest accommodation.
- Vimar or similar European sockets for interior compartments
- Emergency lighting system
- Exterior lighting system
- Shore power converter
- Navigation light with control panel, 24V, includes N.U.C. lights
- Integrated Automation System IAS, including Dead Man Alarm System. Alarm system with LCD displays in wheelhouse, crew mess, captains cabin and engine control room (interface to IAS)
- Engine Control Room Telegraph System.
- 2 vertical electrically driven anchor/mooring winches with autotension 32K3 lifter with warping heads and mooring drums – capacity 81KN – 9.4m/min
- 2 hydraulically driven mooring capstans - 50KN capacity
- 2 Spek type flush storing anchors
- 2 capstan mooring winches on aft mooring deck
- Aft electric hydraulic boarding passerelle.
- Rolls Royce Dynamic Positioning System ( DP1 )
- Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS) suitable foe Sea Area A3(FM)
- Radar systems (X and L-band) (FM)
- ECS, Electronic Chart System (FM)
- Weather Facsimile (FM)
- Inmarsat F77 system (FM)
- VDR, Voyage Data Recorder (FM)
- Portable Air VHF (FM)
- Echo Sounding Equipment (FM)
- Two (2) GPS (FM)
- Distance Measuring Log (FM)
- Gyro Compass, Dual System (S)
- Automatic Identification System (AIS) (FM)
- Navigation Lights (COLREGS 72)
- VHF transceivers with DSC
- Portable lifeboat radios
- Daylight Signaling Lamp
- Docking stations are also provided.
- The wheelhouse features flat screen LCD monitors (sunlight readable).
- Magnetic Compass
Owner’s accommodation 225m2
VIP and Guest accommodation 256m2
Public areas 695m2
Captain, Officers and staff 227m2
Crew accommodation 342m2
Crew service 202m2
Technical areas 355m2
Owner’s apartment with 360 degree views situated on the 4th, 5th and 6th Decks comprising of the following areas:
- Owner bedroom Suite
- Walk in dressing room
- Owners bathroom
- Owner private lounge
- Owner business lounge
- Owner sundeck
- Owners pantry
- Owners stairwells
- Passenger lift
- Owners office
VIP and Guest Accommodation
Situated on the 2nd Deck comprising of the following areas:
- Guest foyer & reception
- 2 VIP staterooms
- 4 Guest staterooms
- Guest passageway
- Passenger lift
- 2 VIP ensuite bathrooms
- 4 Guest bathrooms
Situated on the 2nd and 3rd Decks comprising of the following areas:
- Main saloon- 3 zones
- Dining area
- Piano foyer
- Family galley
- Beauty salon
- Massage/Treatment room
- Hammam Spa
- Rain shower
- Fitness centre
- Passenger lift
- Infirmary + bathroom
- Panoramic aft glass beach house
Captain, Officers, Staff, and Crew Compartments
All Crew and staff areas of the vessel are finished to a suitable high standard and according to General Arrangements, situated on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Decks and comprising of the following areas:
- Ships office/conference room
- Captains dayroom/office
- Main galley
- Crew galley
- Crew gymnasium
- Crew recreation mess room
- Wine store
- Dry provision stores
- Engine control room
- Toy store
Cabins according to General Arrangement include: Single Berth, Double Berth, and Triple Berth cabins. Crew passageways, stairwells, lobby’s, mess rooms, gymnasium, handling areas to be styled and finished in matching theme to the crew cabins
- 7 single berth crew cabins + ensuite
1st officer cabin
Chief engineer’s cabin
- 7 twin berth crew cabins + ensuite
- 2 triple berth crew cabins + ensuite
Total Teak Exterior area for Owner and Guests – approx 1000 m2
The Yacht is a six-deck vessel providing high quality design typical of Palmer Johnson and Nuvolari – Lenard.
2nd Deck Exterior Boarding Area
Lido entrance with lounge sofas, upholstered cushions, coffee tables and port and starboard cabinetry for clothing. Spiral staircase leading to the fitness center.
3rd Deck Exterior Swimming Pool Area
Helicopter Pad with stairs leading to an exterior 7 meter Pool with gradual steps, waterfall feature and pool seating. Exterior lounge seating arrangement with sofas and upholstered cushions with an outdoor dining and buffet area with seating for 12. Automatic sliding doors with stainless steel frame and tinted glass lead to Piano Foyer.
4th Deck Owners Lounge Exterior
Exterior lounge seating arrangement with sofas, easy chairs, coffee tables and upholstered cushions and integrated Port and starboard cabinets for servery and stowage. Automatic sliding doors with stainless steel frame and tinted glass lead to Owners Lounge
5th Deck Owners Private Lounge Exterior
Similar in style to the 4th Deck Exterior layout with matching stainless steel framed tinted glass door leading into private owner’s area.
6th Deck Owners Private Sun Deck
Hinged door leads up from Owners Private Lounge. Exteriors seating arrangement with sun loungers and upholstered cushions are provided along with a Jacuzzi and interior Owners dayhead with basin.
Watertight hatch to chain locker along with Port/Starboard weathertight storage lockers. Access to mooring equipment and Ships Bell.
Fairing and Painting
- Superstructure and upper surfaces faired to superyacht standards
- Hull unfaired
- Custom color for hull and superstructure
- Marathon IQ Ice protection coating
- Boot stripe
- High quality commercialAnti-fouling bottom paint – TBT FREE
Specialist Vessel Handling, Support and Security Equipment
- Large dedicated garage for Private WaterCraft with 3.5T telescopic beam crane.
- Dedicated 1.5T provisioning crane and equipment, for easy and discreet operation.
- Helicopter landing deck, fully designed to meet internationally recognized standards.
- MOB boat with 3.5T telescopic beam crane for launching and retrieving.
- Two 3.5 T beam cranes on port side for owner supply tender boat
- 2 Remote operated water cannons
- Thermal Imaging Device
- Submarine Docking Station and handling equipment for 6 man Discovery submarine
- Diver support station.
- Helicopter re-fuelling system
- Helicopter hangar with deck opening hatches and hydraulic lift.
- LRAD,Long range Acoustic Device
- Forward Scanning Sonar
- Design, fabrication and installation of interior for Owner, Guest and Public areas.
- Exterior furniture
- Entertainment equipment and system
- Computer network and equipment
- Security system
- Main Tenders
- Personal water craft