Abeking & Rasmussen
The first shipyard site was inaugurated in Lemwerder on the banks of the Weser in 1907. Over the decades, it has evofved into a state-of-the-art shipbuilding complex, currently consisting of 5 halls for ships of lengths up to 80 m. modern office buildings, an inner harbour and a syncrolift. Environmentally friendly workshops housing high performance production facilities for conventional steel, wood, aluminium and non-magnetizable steel. Lemwerder can be reached conviniently by Bremen Airport, railway and the A 1 and A 27 motorways. Visitors arriving in pnvate aircraft may land at the ASL airstrip adjacent to the shipyard.
Since Georg Abeking and Henry Rasmussen founded the shipyard in 1907, more than 6,400 ships and boats have been constructed. Until the seventies A&R was also still producing smaller boats and yachts, but today, the product range for all craft begins at approx. 30 metres in length.
Observing all the up-to-date new constructions, many people ask what has happened to the beautiful old traditional yachts. Well, when these classic ships were built, they were the up-to-date innovative craft of their age. Be it a Hansajolle or a Concordia Yawl, boats from Abeking & Rasmussen have always stood for longevity, elegance and technical perfection, and are still being cared for with affection until this very day. And that's why our new craft today, will be tomorrow's classics.